Monday, December 31, 2018

Banner Stands




I make custom banner stands. The one on top was a commission we got at
the EK50 event to be delivered at Pennsic. The woman had no preference
as to what it would look like. She had mentioned something simple
but that just allowed me to make what I wanted.

The black and gold stand was a gift from me to a dear friend who has been a 
big supporter of my work who was about toe receive her Laurel. Her persona
is Italian Renn, and FLeur De Lys is her arms. I wanted to make her something 
very special. The finished version is actually version #4 as making the
 Fleur de Lys and attaching them to the stand took some working
and reworking. The final version and the necessity for a finished  stand 
in time for her peerage led me to thinking outside of what i had initially 
planned and led me to using the gold wire wrap to attach the arms and the 
Fleur de Lys. Which in turn led to the over all design theme of the 
wrapped wire, Sort of a happy accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Norse Era Slide Lock and Hinges This is a project I have been wanting to take on for a very long time. So when my  Laurel suggested I make a...