Monday, December 31, 2018

Flesh Hook




This past Pennsic I had a number  of interesting opportunities to make some 
things i had never made before, nor heard of before.  A woman came in and 
asked if i could make her a flesh hook. I had never heard of a flesh hook 
before and the name definitely conjured images that were not all together 
pleasant.
 Apparently it is an historical tool for grabbing large
hunks of meat out of stew pots. So i did some research on Ye Olde Google
and found some images. The most difficult part of making the flesh hook
was the offset hooks. The first version I made had a design flaw in that the 
rear hook folded over on itself which would create a space where food could 
get stuck and not easily cleaned.  The second version was made with that that
fold and was a success. 
The woman I made it for loved it so much she suggested i keep it in my 
booth for others to see and order.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Norse Era Slide Lock and Hinges This is a project I have been wanting to take on for a very long time. So when my  Laurel suggested I make a...